Chunky sweater season is finally upon us! Bundle up and head on out into the great NYC outdoors to enjoy one of these ten absolutely free events that are happening this month (who said holiday season needs to be expensive?!) Augusten and I have (clearly) already been enjoying tons of leaf peeping;-)
1. Head downtown to view the works of art at Canstruction. (through November 15th)
2. Stroll to the nearest park and peep some red, orange, and yellow leaves.
3. Spectate the New York City Veterans Day Parade. (November 11th)
4. Get holiday shopping done early and BUY AMERICAN. American Field at Industry City in Brooklyn will be hosting a pop-up shop of over 60 vendors featuring all kinds of goods made right here in the good ol’ USA. (November 11th-12th)
5. Check out the Holiday Train Show at Grand Central–a smaller (and free) version of the one in the Bronx! (November 16th-the holidays)
6. Take part in the Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon inflations along Central Park West. (November 22nd)
7. Wake up early and watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade live! (November 23rd)
8. Join in on Winter’s Eve at Lincoln Square, which has a tree lighting in Dante Park, sidewalk performers, a brass band dance, tastes of local restaurants, and activities and entertainment for kids along Broadway. (November 27th)
9. Watch one of the famous Christmas Tree Lightings with live music:
- Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting (November 29th)
- Central Park (November 30th)
- New York Stock Exchange (November 30th)
10. Bask in nature at the Queens County Farm Museum before the weather gets too cold.
Would love to know…what’s on your November to-do list? Share below!