I usually do “bucket lists” for each season, charting 10 things I hope to accomplish over the 3 months (as seen here). This summer, I’m doing a reverse bucket list, and sharing 10 new things I did for the first time this season! Some of these have been on my to-do list forever (hello, Shakespeare in the Park!), while others I never gave any thought whatsoever to, but afterwards was like, “that was pretty fun!” (Petting zoo totally fits into that category!;-)
Without any further adieu…10 things I did for the first time, ever, this summer!
1. Attended Shakespeare in the Park!
2. Traveled up to Storm King to check out huge pieces of installation art situated in meadows.
3. Escorted Augusten to his very first Off-Broadway show!
4. Went to the petting zoo in Central Park, where they totally have a cow hanging out.
5. Headed to Koreatown to check out the beauty products that seem to have a cult following. (They are all in such cute packaging, but the only two pieces I fell completely in love with after using were this peach scented hand lotion and super hydrating banana scented face cream…they both smell incredible.)
6. Discovered the BEST spot to blog (or do any kind of freelance work on a laptop), the Brooklyn Roasting Company. Located in Chelsea, this place is massive and I could always find a seat with easy outlet access. Their cold brew is, hands down, the best I’ve tried in NYC, too!
7. Attended (free!) Tai Chi in Bryant Park.
8. Stomped around to at least 10 different splash pads in NYC parks!
9. Rode Jane’s Carousel in Brooklyn.
10. Tried (and loved!) the early morning dance parties at 305…such a great workout!
What was one of your favorite things you did this summer? Share below!
p.s. if you’re not already, make sure to give us a follow on Instagram for daily doses of use your city inspiration!