New Yorker Moments

Happy 2013!  I hope your first few days have been a promising start to the new year.  Here’s a few of my favorite moments from the holidays which were spent visiting family in Virginia and North Carolina, and ringing in the New Year with friends in Ocean City, New Jersey.  Now that the festivities are over, it’s time to embark on those impossibly long post-Christmas winter months in NYC.  A little more frigidness, a little less twinkle.  Stay warm, New Yorkers!

What are your favorite ways to enjoy post-holiday winter in NYC?

{My sister hosted a Tacky Christmas Sweater Party…Santa even showed up!}

{Making smores by the bonfire at my mom’s house}

{Long drives down country roads singing along to the radio…something I rarely get to experience in New York}

{The view from our New Year’s rental in New Jersey}

{First glimpse of the gritty city, circa January 1st, 2013}

Comments
20 Responses to “New Yorker Moments”
  1. These are gorgeous photos and it makes me want to visit New York even more!

Thanks! The really pretty ones are probably from the south in this particular collection, haha:-) Also a great place to visit!

2. boyandjoy says:

Love the photo of the long country road. We’re from virginia too – virginia beach and one of our favorite things is making the drive from virginia beach to north carolina’s outer banks. Living in NYC makes us appreciate the beauty of that drive even more.
    boyandjoy recently posted..All about the stitching: FWK by Engineered Garments Hartford JacketMy Profile

OBX was always my family’s summertime vacation spot, I know that drive VERY well! Glad to (virtually) meet some more NYC southerners!;-)

3. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday with family and friends. Love that smores shot! Makes me crave for one all of a sudden :) Happy New Year and wishing you more adventures.
    Mary {The World Is A Book} recently posted..Viewing the 2013 Rose Parade Floats Up CloseMy Profile

I’ve been known to whip a smore up in the microwave when there’s no fire around!;-) Have a wonderful 2013!

4. Scarlett says:

I love the New Jersey shot – I would love to visit there! x
    Scarlett recently posted..The Problem With Driving…My Profile

5. After saw your first picture it seems like you had enjoyed your Christmas so badly. all pictures are so beautiful and this post makes me so inspired to visit NY again.
    Susan @ Cruise Packages recently posted..Where Would You Love To Celebrate New Year 2013 Out of These 5 Places?My Profile

6. Andrea Naomi says:

Awesome pics! I love how you always share a little piece of your personal life :) Happy Holidays to you !
    Andrea Naomi recently posted..Picking The Right Price to Sell Products OnlineMy Profile

7. Hope you had a fantastic holiday!
    Koren @ City Gal recently posted..Harlem Soul Food: Your Ultimate GuideMy Profile

8. I HATE the cold weather. It’s a good season for a lot of indoor museum visits. :) In the next few weeks I’ll get to the recently opened AMNH exhibit on food & culture . . .
    Harvey (H-Bomb’s Worldwide Karaoke) recently posted..H-Bomb’s Friday Photo, Week 12: an endless gateway in KyotoMy Profile

Being a southern implant to NYC, I have to agree with you on the cold weather! Great idea with the museum visits, enjoy!:-)

9. Sounds as though my granddaughters had a fun Christmas Hollidays!

10. we don’t normally get weather quite as cold as yours…but I still feel it!!!

Love your sister’s christmas sweater party!
    fiona maclean recently posted..Fast and Fabulous into 2013 – Diet and Delights!My Profile