Oh, Snap! The Highline

Trendy Tuesdays is about to get a whole lot trendier, my friends.  Walking down the Highline the other day snapping photos for the blog, I was getting annoyed at all the random people that would pop into my shots.  And then, like a glittering disco ball falling from the ceiling, it hit me that the collection of strangers who speckle my iPhone library could be put to good use…featuring everyday New Yorkers and their fabulous, quirky, timeless, preppy, bohemian, what-were-they-thinking?! fashion ways!  Hence the birth of our newest column featuring NYC street style: Oh, Snap!

The first series is snapped on none other than the Highline itself.

{dance shoes are always in style}

{a touch of gold}

{total sucker for a good hat}

{bonjour, paris}

{neon skinnies}

{palm springs meets the standard rooftop}

What piece of clothing are you loving right now?

xx,

Jess

Comments
16 Responses to “Oh, Snap! The Highline”
  1. I have about 3 great hats.. a couple of fedoras plus one with a big brim. I have those neon colored skinnies.. but considering it’s not sunny here in LA.. it’s like bleh wearing them for some reason I am into a green, yellow, brown and orange color palette. I want to dye some white things bright tones of yellow or yellow gold and orange.
    Love the street style photos!!
    Stevie Wilson recently posted..eSalon.com’s Hair Color Kits ROCK My World: Easy to Look Great + Save Money and Time!My Profile

Love the citrus color palettes for the summer, great idea! And dying things fun colors breathes extra life into them, always a bonus:-)

2. Pamela Morse says:

Yes, street fashion..is in fashion. We love to see NYC

3. bella says:

That is one of the advantages living in New York – You choose how you want to look and it is always a New York style and in fashion :)

4. The Highline looks awesome! So unique and looks like it has great atmosphere.
    Matt the Brisbane Photographer recently posted..Trip home with a Brisbane photographerMy Profile

It’s one of my very favorite spots in the city! Besides being just generally gorgeous, it is always filled with performers and great foodie finds!

5. Great fun! I might just steal and do a London version;)
    fiona maclean recently posted..Lavazza – #NewTradition – Great HeritageMy Profile

6. Agness says:

I must admit people look awesome in the streets. So fashionable. Something you won’t see in China :(.
    Agness recently posted..Honoring Hiroshima, Japan For Less Than $25 a DayMy Profile

7. The New Yorker in the hat is very photogenic.
    Clinicalposters.com recently posted..Preserve The VoiceMy Profile

8. Paul says:

Love NYC, love the High Line, and love street photography. A great idea for your new series of posts and an excellent way to start it up. I can’t wait to see more.
    Paul recently posted..Ho Chi Minh City: The People Of District 4My Profile

Thanks so much, Paul! Be sure to check in on Tuesdays, we’ll be posting our street style series then!:-)