Oh, Snap! Gatsby Garden Party

This past weekend Mr. P and I had our engagement party.  Since our wedding reception is going to be in the style of the Roaring Twenties (my very favorite decade to play dress-up in!), we decided to carry that over to the engagement party with a Gatsby Garden Party theme.  Not only were we super delighted with the fabulous outfits folks came up with, but the party did end up like a Gatsby-esque soiree…read: EVERYONE ON THE POOL!

iPhones got destroyed.  Dresses bled.  Tailored suits aren’t quite so tailored anymore.  But it was a night to remember, indeed.

We were so thankful to have our family and favorite friends there to celebrate with us.  We love you guys!

{garden party getup}

{hats and headpieces}

{chihuahuas sporting bow ties}

{mason jar magic}

{pretty in pink and pearls}

{summer whites}

{me? drama queen?}

{nantucket reds}

{synchronized swimming}

{studio 54, anyone?}

{saying goodnight, in style}

What decade is home to YOUR favorite styles?

xx,

Jess

20 Responses to “Oh, Snap! Gatsby Garden Party”

1. haha look at that cute tie on that dog!
    Matt – Brisbane Photographer recently posted..Brisbane’s Story Bridge, IlluminatedMy Profile

2. wonderful! I’m really jealous now!
    fiona maclean recently posted..Mercure London Bridge RelaunchMy Profile

3. Pamela Morse says:

I think the costumes must have been fun to create. Everyone looks good.

4. Agness says:

What a lovely engagement party! Everyone dressed so nicely and smartly !! Love girls’ dresses, so charming. A lot of wine, people are blissfully happy and swimming pool – that must have been a great party!

5. I am big on the 60’s, the 20’s .. bits and pieces of the 40’s.. (the glamour age).. but all of it works for me.
    Stevie Wilson recently posted..Guest Blogger, Planet Shark Fitness Sally Hugest Talks about the Top 10 Food Additives to AVOID!!My Profile

I’ve always loved the ladies of film noir Hollywood from the 40’s, too;-)

6. Kristin says:

Poodle skirts ALL THE WAY!!!!! Had a BLAST at your party! Theming it out is defiantly the way to go!!

Yay, LOVE the poodle skirt idea! I’m SO happy you were there to help celebrate, xo!

7. Congratulations!!! Loooooved your outfit! I’m partial to the 50s for dressy, but for casual, 60s and 70s. Go figure.
    Brainy Pint Sizer recently posted..NCL Breakaway to Bermuda | Obviously, I lost my mind when I decided to step into the Free Fall Slide…My Profile

8. Bella says:

Love the style of 20s and 50s and 70s :)…. great pics, great party….

9. Jackson says:

Wow! What a great theme for an engagement party! Looks like a blast!

10. This is so cool!!! I love it. I love this era as well. Great one for party and dress up!! I also love the styles of the 40s and 50s. When I was younger I was obsessed with the 60s and my inner hippie pops out every now and then. London has some really great themed parties. I went to a Belle Epoque Party when I first got here and recently went to a Blitz Party, where I got to sport Victory Curls for the first time. They also have a 1920s party here on a boat.
    Bobbi Lee Hitchon recently posted..Going back in time at the Blitz PartyMy Profile

That sounds like so much fun! Looking forward to reading your post all about it!;-)