Strolling The Sculptures Of Midtown Manhattan

We recently teamed up with the fabulous Sofia Gauthier-Richardson from cosmoArteTV, a Spanish channel that takes you behind the scenes to experience the best of the best in the NYC art world.  From gallery openings and art fairs, to street art and exclusive interviews with artists, Sofia is the it-girl in NYC’s art scene, and we love staying up-to-date with all the happenings in her weekly videos.

For this week’s edition, we explored some of the famous sculptures that adorn the streets of Midtown Manhattan.

Make sure to subscribe to cosmoArteTV for Thursday dates with Sofia, your own personal curator into the vast sea of New York City art!

Ciao, ciao!

xx,

Jess

Comments
16 Responses to “Strolling The Sculptures Of Midtown Manhattan”
  1. Hi Jess, what a wonderful video of Midtown art scene. Love all those art you have shown. Most of all, i was nice to see you on video. It’s almost like meeting you in person:) Good job, Jess. You’re such a natural in front of the camera
    Marisol@TravelingSolemates recently posted..Dominica: The Hike to the Boiling LakeMy Profile

Aww, your so sweet;-) I know, I always feel like I almost know all the bloggers I read on a regular basis, even though I’ve never met them, and some live on the other side of the world! Fun to follow the adventures, though!

2. Michelle says:

Great interview!! :) And I love that LOVE sculpture :P I remember spending some time learning about it back in art school!
    Michelle recently posted..A birthday weekend in LuxumbourgMy Profile

3. Rebecca says:

Love the video – you did awesome! And it was nice to see that part of NYC
    Rebecca recently posted..Best Spring Vegetables For Quick Weight LossMy Profile

Thanks Rebecca!:-) Yes, Midtown has a lot of fabulous nooks and crannies that are often overlooked.

4. Pamela Morse says:

She sounds like an Argentinian. How fun!! Calder hung a mobile in the Pittsburgh airport when I was kid..I always loved it.

Oh, she is! Good call, Pamela! And yes, Calder is just great, we had lots of fun exploring his work.

5. Nice work on the video, Jess. You present really well!
    Matt the Brisbane Photographer recently posted..Water drops by a Brisbane macro photographerMy Profile

6. what a great piece on NYC. I have not spent much time Mid-town as I should have. I have always been more uptown or downtown.. except for shopping places like Barneys and big Bloomies.
    Stevie Wilson recently posted..Give Your Holiday Weekend a New Twist with Zing Red Velvet Vodka’s New Spokesperson, Chris Brown and a HOT NEW Cocktail!!My Profile

7. That Spanish host is quite a sculpture herself. What’s the difference between modern and contemporary art?
    ClinicalPosters.com recently posted..What is Juvenile Arthritis?My Profile

Sofia is always absolutely stunning! And the key difference between the 2 arts not so much the style, but the time they were produced. So modern art refers to artistic works produced in the period beginning in the 1880s and ending in the 1970s. Contemporary art follows modern art, beginning from 1970s to now and ongoing. Hope that helps!;-)

8. Your clothes! Super adorbs!!!!