Between The Seas Festival + Giveaway
This contest has officially ended. A huge New York thank you to all who participated, and congrats to our winner, Maria! Stay tuned for more exciting UsedYorkCity.com giveaways!
Guys! We’re delighted to share with you a festival we’re super stoked to attend ourselves, showcasing the most cutting edge Mediterranean artists in the fields of dance, theater, and music (all our favorite things!) And no, you don’t even need to hop on a plane and go across the pond for this one! Between the Seas Festival will be right here, in NYC, this July!
Back in New York for its third edition, the festival will kick off with its launch party that you’re invited to on July 13th! Completely cool (and free!) opportunity to meet this year’s artists and production team while having some breezy summer cocktails. The festival itself will take place from July 22nd through 28th at The Wild Project. Some of the performances we’re most looking forward to this year are:
- City State by the Greek theater company Kanigunda, an original performance “transforming history into living matter” (North American premiere)
- Suite Camus by Brooklyn based Andreas Arnold, a multimedia music performance on A. Camus (USA premiere)
- Amongst Millions, by Pedro Goucha, an intense dance piece responding to the crisis experienced in Southern Europe
- Redshift by Y. Mavritsakis, one of Europe’s most original theater voices, “a major contemporary poet” (World premiere produced by Between the Seas)
Here’s how to enter:
1. Subscribe to Used York City, getting the best picks of NYC delivered straight to your inbox. (Don’t forget to respond to the verification message you are sent via email.)
2. Follow @UsedYorkCity on Instagram.
3. Show us your favorite NYC moment of the week by posting your photos with the hashtag #UsedYorkCity.
For a bonus entry:
The contest will run until Friday, July 12th, 2013, at which time a winner will be randomly chosen and announced on this post and via Twitter, and the winner will be notified directly by the email address that they subscribed with! Best of luck to all our readers!
And if you don’t win the contest, you can still get a great deal on tickets to the festival right here!
By: Jessica Tiare Bowen