Your NYC Weekend: October 12-13, 2013
1. You know all those cool NYC buildings you’ve always wanted to go into? Get excited, because now you can! One October weekend a year, NYC’s rarely seen spaces open their doors to the public for two days of arts, culture, history, and architecture during OpenHouseNewYork.
2. The 9th Annual Art In Odd Places Festival opens this weekend, and performances and artwork can be seen along 14th Street from Avenue C to the Hudson River. Bring your camera.
3. Get your rock on this weekend at the CBGB Festival. Shows play throughout the weekend, but there’s a free, multi-stage concert spanning 9 city blocks right in Times Square on Saturday.
4. Head to MoMA PS1′s opening on Sunday of Mike Kelley’s largest pop art exhibit to date. He’s regarded as one of the most “influential artists of our time”, guys!
5. Spend an evening on Broadway with the just opened show, A Night With Janis Joplin. I mean, the LA Times promises “this is a night that will rock your world.”
Wishing you the very best
NYC UYC weekend,
Jess + Team UsedYorkCity