One of my favorite inspirational blogs, A Beautiful Mess, posted their 4 simple goals challenge this week. The purpose is to challenge and remind you to create healthy, life-enriching habits during the busiest time of year. Since my season seems exceptionally hectic this year (hellloooo December wedding reception!), I thought it would be the perfect time to join in and participate in the fun, tailoring my goals to my NYC-centric lifestyle. What better way to remind yourself everyday to take joy in the little things?
I’d love for you to join in, too! Here are the “rules”:
1. Choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. Choose things you may not otherwise get done but are not difficult to accomplish.
2. Do not choose result oriented goals. Choose activity oriented goals. For example, instead of “lose 10 pounds”, choose something like “eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day”. Get what I’m saying? Positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. Choose personal goals you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! They can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. Choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! It can be a small or large reward—it’s up to you.
5. Blog about your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! Be sure to leave us a link to your blog in the comments section. I’ll be sure to share my experiences in a follow-up post before the new year.
These are my goals for the season. The first has been something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time, and I’m so excited to find a charity that aligns with a cause I’m passionate about that I can be involved in for years to come.
The second is something I’ve been wishing to do since I was, ohh, about five years old. This will be my first Thanksgiving spent in NYC, so I look forward to experiencing the parade up close and personal.
My third goal is a big one: I have endless amounts of photos and ticket stubs that are stored in a shoebox in my closet, and I’m excited to finally make the time to put them into my scrapbook, as I know I’ll get much more enjoyment from them this way.
And finally, after reading the book “Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris“, I am super energized to pare my wardrobe down to 10 simple pieces I’ll get the most use out of. The thought of a non-cluttered closet going into 2014 is exceptionally exciting to me!
I’m so excited to hear what your goals are! Please link to your blog post, or share in the comments section below!