Loving Right Now: Nina’s European Day Spa And Laser Center

I’m pretty loyal when it comes to my massages, but in all honesty, trekking down to Chinatown in this bone-chilling cold just isn’t happening for me.  A friend recommended Nina’s European Day Spa and Laser Center, centrally located on 35th and 5th, and promised it would live up to my high standards of DEEP-deep tissue.  (I mean, I have a ridiculously tight back under normal circumstances, but the Polar Vortex conditions are magnifying that by a bijillion.  Just saying.)  Anyhow, Jess was impressed.

I started off with a facial, including cleansing, exfoliation, steaming, massage, AND a mask (when in a day spa, eh?), and particularly loved how the esthetician Natalie didn’t try to up-sell at all during the process.  Any other place in the city I have tried has always done this (NO, I don’t want gold flakes rubbed into my face, thank you very much!), and I really feel it takes away from the whole relaxing experience.  I was super pleased that there was none of this involved, along with the fact that I was left in my cozy cocoon to nap under the hot steam for a pleasant amount of time, warding off the chill from outside.

Next, I was off to the massage room!  My high expectations were exceeded by the lovely therapist, Inga.  I knew we’d get along when she started the massage with “Just tell me if I’m going too hard…”  (No!  It’s perfect!)  The combo of the deep tissue, warming oils, hot towels, and strong, strong hands was the absolute best medicine to fight off the Polar Vortex.  Not to mention, I didn’t have to trek all the way downtown to get it.  Ladies, I will be seeing you again soon.

For our UsedYorkCity readers, we’re super excited to be offering you the following 2-for-1 deal!  I’ll see you there:-)

WHERE: Nina’s European Day Spa and Laser Center
5 West 35th Street
New York, New York  10001
212.594.9610

What are you loving right now?  Share below!

This post is part of Travel Photo Thursday at Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Comments
26 Responses to “Loving Right Now: Nina’s European Day Spa And Laser Center”
  1. I am serious about massages and I bet you and I could have a “chat” about DEEP deep tissue massages. SOUNDS heavenly. I am in a state of bliss if I have one but I am no good for the rest of the day. However a pedicure with serious massage is amazing.
    Stevie Wilson recently posted..5 Ways for Guys to Surprise Their Valentine: Suggestions by PRZMan creator/founder, Pirooz Sarshar.My Profile

2. You now have me craving a facial and massage. Too bad I am too far away to make use of the discount. It’s great that you found a place a little closer to you.
    Michele {Malaysian Meanders} recently posted..Looking for Wildlife and Homelife on a Borneo RiverMy Profile

3. Marcia says:

Jess, you’ve been reading my mind. This Is PERFECT! I was JUST saying how I NEED a massage but Chinatown FEELS like it’s on another universe right now. Thanks for this deal, I’m looking forward to handing over my neck and back (esp) to Inga!
    Marcia recently posted..Valentine’s Day Stories About How They MetMy Profile

Sorry I’m over here so late! Gawd, this sounds sooooo good right, Jess! I was curious that you liked the deep tissue massage I’ve heard or seen on tv that they can be a bit uncomfortable?? A spa certificate is a frequent gift I give to my close female friends and Nina’s would get my business for sure! :)
    Mike recently posted..Phoenix, My Golden Retriever, The Notorious Ball Cap BanditoMy Profile

You know, I think it really depends on personal preference…I personally LOVE a deep massage, but I know others prefer the very gentle Swedish or aromatherapy massages…(both of which they offer here, too!) And yes, spa certificates are some of the best gifts I’ve ever received, such a great idea!

5. budget jan says:

Sounds Divine, Book Me In… umm a branch in Australia perhaps :)
    budget jan recently posted..Fantastic Friday and Cambodian Fish Fillets drying in the SunMy Profile

6. Muza-chan says:

Great… I need a good massage too…
    Muza-chan recently posted..A Japanese Song per Day: Dreams Come True – Love Love LoveMy Profile

7. There is something about massages in fantastic spots that is just soooooo addictive right?
    Bintu @ Recipes From A Pantry recently posted..Pizza Dough RecipeMy Profile

8. This sounds perfect. I’d love a deep tissue massage right now!
    jenny@atasteoftravel recently posted..Your Guide to Istanbul: What to doMy Profile

9. sounds lovely jess! I think I’d like that kind of treatment
    Fiona Maclean recently posted..What’s Your Beef? Provenance Butchers Notting Hill.My Profile

10. Heather says:

Ooh! When does the 2-for-1 deal expire? I might want to take advantage on my next weekend up, though that likely won’t be for a few months.
    Heather recently posted..New York City Revisited: A Fanciful RetreatMy Profile

11. what are we loving right now? THIS ARTICLE! It means a lot to us. Thank you so very much, Jess! See ya soon.
    Nina’s Day Spa and Laser Center recently posted..Laser Hair RemovalMy Profile

12. Maria says:

I would LOVE to be there right now!
    Maria recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Past My CurfewMy Profile