Cheap Date: 10 Affordable NYC Outings Your Boo Will Love

Sometimes having too many options can be uber overwhelming, and another night of Netflix and Dominos seems like the better option than weeding through ALL. THOSE. CHOICES.

We’ve compiled a list of 10 of our favorite dates around the city to make it just a tiny bit easier.  (We’re not knocking Netflix, promise, but jussstttt in case you need to get out of the apartment..!)

1. Bring out your inner Picasso at a painting class (the bring your own wine helps a lot!)

2. Sip a $0.92 cocktail (no joke!) while listening to live jazz.

3. Bake cupcakes together.  Seriously, so sweet.  And tasty.

4. Become well versed in wine and cheese pairings so you can be THAT COUPLE at your next dinner party.

5. Couple’s massage, anyone?

6. Take a foodie walking tour of Chinatown + Little Italy.

7. …then try a new workout class together.

8. Or that hot yoga you’ve been meaning to try.

9. Download an adventurous walking tour onto your iPod and explore a new hood.

10. Have a moment at a special place in the city. We think this is as good a spot as any.

Have you been on any fun dates (friend dates count, too!) lately?  Share below!

This post is part of Travel Photo Thursday at Budget Travelers Sandbox.

23 Responses to “Cheap Date: 10 Affordable NYC Outings Your Boo Will Love”

1. Your ideas are stellar…. I think some of this is awesome.. other things are truly NYC centric.. some would work here in LA too
    Stevie Wilson recently posted..Cocktails Worth an Oscar– or an Oscar Mixing with Fabulous Tastes Courtesy or Robert Lambert!My Profile

2. [...] Cheap Date: 10 Affordable NYC Outings Your Boo Will Love by Used York [...]

3. What a fun list! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Jessica – Notes of Nomads recently posted..Inside the Labyrinth: Berlin’s Most Bizarre BarMy Profile

4. Mette says:

Love the originality of these suggestions, but still wondering what type of work out the photo depicts?
    Mette recently posted..Parma the city of ham and cheeseMy Profile

Haha, that was the Toughmudder race some friends and I trained for last year…basically a 12 mile race that has tons of obstacle courses (like crawling through mud!) you have to get through…great for teamwork!

5. lovely post…now I just need the man!
    Fiona Maclean recently posted..Four Spas and a Barrel of Wine in MadeiraMy Profile

6. I’ve been wanting to try one of those painting classes. It seems like they make painting not as formidable for the novice artist (or someone totally lacking in skill as is the case with me.) Cupcakes are always a winner as far as I’m concerned.
    Michele {Malaysian Meanders} recently posted..Up on Penang HillMy Profile

The painting class was great! I’m an awful artist and was still able to follow the teachers instructions…super cool!

7. Muza-chan says:

Interesting :)
    Muza-chan recently posted..Another very Japanese phone boothMy Profile

8. Some great suggestions Jess. I love the idea of the walking tours on the ipod! Visiting galleries is always a fun thing to do!
    jenny@atasteoftravel recently posted..An Introduction to Istanbul for the First Time VisitorMy Profile

9. Heather says:

These sound so fun! We once went to Governor’s Island and watched a war reenactment. That was definitely a unique date experience :-)
    Heather recently posted..Snapshot: The Metropolitan Museum of ArtMy Profile

10. I would love to do the Jazz one. If only I lived in New York. My bestie is coming for a visit in july and I will forward them this site.
    Bintu @ Recipes From A Pantry recently posted..New Retro Kitchen Scales from DotcomgiftshopMy Profile

Ok, if I could have a pizza delivered to me from Little Italy to Nina’s with 0.92 cent wine, cheese and cupcakes. Then go for a walk in one of the hoods I would be set! What? A guy can wish. Btw, you have a little mud on you in that one picture, Jess *wink*. I have a big group of friends and co-workers who go to the Mudder events and have a blast! :)
    Mike recently posted..Samantha & Ed: An Unexpected JourneyMy Profile

Haha, now THAT sounds like an ideal date!

And yeah, the Toughmudder event was one of the crazier days of my life, I was SO happy to see that finish line!:-)