New Yorker Moments

{weekend getaway to long island’s oheka castle}

Maybe because it’s a month without any proper long weekends or vacations (my inner-school marm is coming out), or maybe it’s because the longer days and sunlight gives the illusion that it SHOULD be light-jacket-wearing spring (which any New Yorkers can definitely attest a resounding no to), but March has always seemed like the longest. month. EVER.  Anyone else feel that way?  Here’s a few of my favorite moments this month.

What’s been keeping you busy?  Share below!

{hot yoga, cause if you close your eyes tight enough it almost feels like palm beach}

{discovered a new favorite restaurant, mozzarella & vino}

{one of the best broadway shows i’ve seen, beautiful: the carole king musical, was made even better by getting to meet some of the cast members}

{wiling away many an afternoon on “rules of civility“, a definite keeper on my shelf…join us monday as we discuss the book on our site}

xx,

Jess

This post is part of Travel Photo Thursday at Budget Travelers Sandbox.

20 Responses to “New Yorker Moments”

1. Great inspiration to go to New York. Just spent a couple of fabulous days there! Btw – just followed you on Twitter as well – please keep it up. Looking forward to connect! Torsten
    MightyTravels recently posted..Airfare Deal – Cheap Business Class to Europe from $1,400My Profile

Thanks TJ! So glad you had a great time visiting, and I look forward to checking out YOUR site, too!

2. March is always fine for me, but then my Birthday is at the end of the month! I do hate that ‘wait for summer’ feeling though!
    Fiona Maclean recently posted..Duck and Waffle – Review – City of LondonMy Profile

3. ben says:

When could I visit New York. I want to go there badly :(
    ben recently posted..Grand Canyon Air Tour – A Marvelous Way to See the SightsMy Profile

Haha, anytime! Seriously, it’s a place that’s great in all 4 seasons, but my personal favorites in the city are summer and between Thanksgiving and New Years:-) There’s just something EXTRA special during those slots!

4. Scarlett says:

Want. That. Dessert! Post it to me? x
    Scarlett recently posted..Because it’s important to know the difference between ferrets and pugs.My Profile

5. I was sure I had left a comment, but clearly I hadn’t – or did and my computer locked up. I love that you articulated all the different ways you could bring spring and warmer weather — or the appearance of spring and warmer weather into your life!
    SMART.. very very smart. I feel for you re the weather. I hear about it from lots of friends on the right coast…. and we on the left coast have little to complain about (unless it’s flooding)
    Stevie Wilson recently posted..TV Shows on the RISE: Hulu.com Presents Exclusive Clip of Fox’s “Surviving Jack”. Plus DaVinci’s Demons Season 2!My Profile

Thanks Stevie! Yes you guys certainly have us trumped on number of sunny days! I was looking through photos from a few summers ago in Palm Springs getting nostalgic, love it out there!:-)

6. What great picks for a March kind of weather. In Utah, the weather’s so crazy that you can ski on the mountain then come down in the valley and eat lunch on the deck. Can you tell that this Wisconsin transplant loves living here. We actually have four seasons to enjoy. I loved living in Wisconsin, but it seemed the seasons were one very hot summer followed by a very long and cold winter.
    Neva @ Retire for the Fun of it recently posted..Save Those Wine Corks For Our Cruise BoatMy Profile

That’s so great that you get a bit of everything, Neva! I haven’t been to Utah since I was a child, but I do remember those beautiful snowcapped mountains!

7. I love March! I means one less month before we can open the pool and play! But you are right, it takes foooorrreeeever to slip by, dragging on and on. But so far, no more ice and snow (in Arkansas that is a freak show) and trees are budding, baby cows frolicking and sun trying to peek out of the clouds more than once a week. Spring time is here!! I checked out that book, Rules of Civility, and am purchasing it because it looks fascinating! Must be read in hardcover form, too, just to be genteel and civil (hoho)!
    nan @ lbddiaries recently posted..Scene from Life With Alpha Hubby 3My Profile

Ohh I’m so glad you’re gonna give the book a try, I promise it won’t disappoint! We’ll be chatting about it (without spoiling the plot!) here on the blog Monday, so be sure to tune in!:-)

You are spot on with March being “long” yet it does so hold much excitement in the better weather just on the horizon! Fingers crossed…especially for folks on the East Coast. What is that food dish and Mozzarella and Vino, Jess?? I looked at their menu and still can’t even make a remote guess :)
    Mike recently posted..Top 10 Tom Cruise Movies, Show Me The Money!My Profile

Haha, oh that’s their ricotta cheesecake…it seemed a lot more exciting to showcase a photo of than the salad I had for my main. You know, balancing it all out;-)

9. march IS long. those 60-degree-day teasers got my hopes up too soon. I can’t wait for dining-on-the-sidewalk season… but hey, look on the bright side, at least it’s not subway-stations-are-saunas season yet!!!

cheers.

Haha I have to admit, I’m one of those weirdos that ADORES sauna weather! Kinda can’t wait:-)

Thanks so much for stopping by, Jenn!

10. Maria says:

It always does seem to be the longest month, but looks like NYC is a great place to spend that much time. :-)
    Maria recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – GoMad NomadMy Profile