My NYC Summer To-Do List

Since summer is now in full swing (last day of NYC public schools was yesterday!), I put together my top 10 NYC activities I would love to accomplish before Labor Day, all things I haven’t yet experienced in my 9 years of living here.  As they get ticked off, I’ll be sure to share the best of them here with you!

UsedYorkCity.com Summer

1. Visit the smallest park in NYC.

2. Move into my 8th New York apartment in 9 years (I think this one’s a keeper, guys!)

3. Take a guided tour of the Tenement Museum.

4. See an apartment that is…get this…a roomful of dirt.

5. Read a book next to a 25 foot waterfall in Midtown.

6. Try out a meditation class.

7. On 7.7, renew our vows in Central Park (one year already?!)

8. Pick a really, really hot day and try goat’s milk ice cream from Victory Garden.

9. Hike around the perimeter of Roosevelt Island.

10. Inspired by this NYC staple, create my own signature mock & cocktails, chilled in the fridge and ready to sip on a moment’s notice.

I’d love to know…what’s on your summer to-do list?

xx,

Jess

Photo Credit: 1

22 Responses to “My NYC Summer To-Do List”

1. […] has always been something that’s intrigued me (remember, it was on my summer to-do list!).  While I practice yoga on the regular, it’s never been much of a zen activity for […]

2. […] long walk through NYC’s smallest park, also one of the things slated to accomplish on my NYC Summer To-Do List (bam! done and done!)  I hope you like […]

3. Stretchingittotravel says:

Great list!!!!! The tenement museum sounds interesting!

4. Scarlett says:

Fab list!! Love the idea of always having your signature cocktail to hand – nothing says summer better than a basil grande x
    Scarlett recently posted..Yoga is absolutely not for pussies.My Profile

Mmm, I may just need to look into this basil grande you speak of, Scarlett! xx

5. Agness says:

Having some nice ice-cream is always a must for me, no matter where I go :-). When in NYC, I would definitely read a book next to a 25 foot waterfall in Midtown ;-).
    Agness recently posted..Reykjavik: It’s Quirky, But Is It Affordable?My Profile

6. Would love to know more about the new digs!
    I realize that there must be a 25 foot waterfall in Midtown for you to put that on the bucket list

while you find the meditation class. you might want to take a BREATHING class (active meditation ) with Dr. Belisa! She is amazing.

congrats on 1 year. and let me know about the goats milk thing!
    GREAT list.
    Stevie Wilson recently posted..Breathe… Just Breathe with Dr. Belisa Vranich! Get Centered, Chill + Feel Great! #podcastMy Profile

Thanks so much for the tip on the breathing class, Stevie! I will certainly keep you posted on the new place…right now we’re living out of boxes, prepping for the movie!

7. Maria Falvey says:

I like #8 – great idea!
    Maria Falvey recently posted..Haiku – Midnight SunMy Profile

8. Catherine says:

Great list, sounds like you’re going to have an exciting summer! I would normally have my own summer bucket list written by now, but you’ve just reminded me I’ve forgotten all about it this year. I’ve still got half of the things from last year to get through first though!
    Catherine recently posted..The Photos Might Be Gone, But The Memories Are Still HereMy Profile

Thanks Catherine! Good luck with your list, too! Summer is always such a fun time:-)

9. Muza-chan says:

A lot of interesting things to do…
    Muza-chan recently posted..Japanese traditional architecture, Sanju-no-to pagoda in KyotoMy Profile

10. I’d love to check out Chinatown in Queens. I don’t anticipate it happening this summer though.
    Mike | Earthdrifter recently posted..Wild Art at the Museo de Bellas Artes in CórdobaMy Profile

11. right now, mostly SELL MY FLAT! but, I’m sure there are a few other things that should be!
    Fiona Maclean recently posted..Advertising Feature – Selling my FlatMy Profile

Oh where are you going Fiona?? I know how stressful the whole moving process can be, I feel like we’ve been up to our knees in it since January!

12. memographer says:

Vows renewal in Central Park sounds romantic, Jess. But my fav is “Pick a really, really hot day and try goat’s milk ice cream from Victory Garden.” I am actually ready to do it right now! :)
    memographer recently posted..FIFA World Cup Brazil. Dreams Do Come True!My Profile

Haha I’m VERY much looking forward to that one, as well!;-) Let me know if you try any good cones down your way!