A Walk Through NYC’s Smallest Park

You may remember way back when I mentioned one of my goals for the blog was to start incorporating video. I think this got put off for so long because, well, only so many hours in a day!  But then I realized that video doesn’t have to mean mega productions (who has the attention span for that anyway?!), and that a short snippet of something experienced in NYC or during my travels would be the perfect snapshot…A New York Minute!

So today I’m bringing you the first video, which takes you on a minute long walk through NYC’s smallest park, also one of the things slated to accomplish on my NYC Summer To-Do List (bam! done and done!)  I hope you like it!

WHAT: Septuagesimo Uno
71st Street, between Amsterdam and West End Avenue
New York, New York

xoxo,

Jess

This post is part of Travel Photo Thursday at Budget Travelers Sandbox.

22 Responses to “A Walk Through NYC’s Smallest Park”

1. Marcia says:

I’ve never heard of this park, Jess. I’ll have to check it out, really soon.
    Great work on your video. You’re a pro already!
    Marcia recently posted..A Week of Live Music and Restaurant MealsMy Profile

2. Maria says:

Congrats on the innaugural video – great example that less can be more and you don’t need a lot to create a wonderful respite from the hustle and bustle. Kudos!
    Maria recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Life Part 2My Profile

3. Heather says:

I lived at 93rd and West End for two years and never knew this place existed! Definitely feel like I missed out on some blissful solitude there.
    Heather recently posted..Riga, Latvia: First ImpressionsMy Profile

4. The best things about iiving in NYC is little finds like this. Always something new to discover!!
    eileen @FamiliesGo! recently posted..12 Must-Do Activities For Kids in the Finger LakesMy Profile

5. Leigh says:

Great job on the video. I am always put off be editing too. Interesting little hole-in-the-wall park. I bet not many people know about it if you had it to yourself for an hour.
    Leigh recently posted..Kayaking in Iceberg Alley, Twillingate, NewfoundlandMy Profile

It’s very well hidden…if you didn’t know it was there or live in that very neighborhood it’s probably pretty rare that you’d stumble upon it!

6. Muza-chan says:

Beautiful…
    Muza-chan recently posted..Japanese traditions, the Shinto MikoshiMy Profile

7. Vini @dndb says:

This is so amazing!
    Vini @dndb recently posted..Turkey : A Visit that makes your Life CompleteMy Profile

8. budget jan says:

Talk about a secret garden. Well done :)
    budget jan recently posted..Ten Photos from Intriguing KampotMy Profile

9. I am desperate to do video on my blog but too worried about everything to do it. Thanks for your inspiration.
    Bintu @ Recipes From A Pantry recently posted..Skinny Courgette MuffinsMy Profile

I would LOVE to see video on your blog, Bintu! Some cooking tutorials, maybe?!:-)

10. Scarlett says:

LOVE that UYC is getting vloggy! What an adorable park! x
    Scarlett recently posted..Pin up girls, evil clowns and werewolf babies.My Profile

Thanks darling! If only I had one of those amazing British accents for the narration…! I’m certain I would never shut up!;-)

You are my rock star and hero for doing this, Jess! You did WONDERFUL!!! I’ve wanted to put a video up on my blog for the longest time and just gotta figure out one leeeeetle thing (downsizing the file size) then I will. You just gave the reminder to make it a higher priority. The park looks and sounds great and I’m all about having a place all to myself! We hope you’re having a great week! :)
    Mike recently posted..Lunch At The Stone House Cafe Reno, NevadaMy Profile

Haha thanks Mike! I look forward to learning and improving as I get more practice…I can’t wait to see YOUR video! I hope Phoenix will make an appearance?!