New Yorker Moments: One Year

ty_sAVAvqoZrvjkeZ0IlkdEbJOn_g-qcnDOIH3jLCDoLast week Mr. P and I celebrated our 1st anniversary of being very married!  Seriously, where does the time go?!

I mentioned to him that as an anniversary gift (because 1st year = paper, right?), I’d like to make a tradition of taking photos each July 7th.  Ya know, kind of like how some families do the annual Christmas card photo?  Well, same idea, but instead marking our anniversary, so by the time we’re 80, we’ll have 50 years of photos of us celebrating each year of marriage (and of course documenting crazy outfit trends, too)!
pIabEjfdxatFAU1EXXGTSC0oMDDe8StaIYpU5LiFXtY
The day was perfect…7.7 fell on a Monday this year, so we met up after work with the darling Ashley from Generic Brand Human (the best wedding videographer, ever!), and strolled around Central Park snapping photos in our favorite places (mini bouquet is from Whole Foods…because a girl needs a prop!)  It was, of course, a million degrees out, but I think Ashley did a brilliant job photoshopping the glisten off our faces;-)
s7uQsUYKg3N3dZx-xw5XSpiYB2bLjVrv30lev0jTsaM 0ZffZWs99bPDx0-LwY72R62HmG96ze1JjkRIs6EuXP4
Afterwards, we went to the Surrey Hotel on the UES (where we got married, on the rooftop!) and had a beautiful little dinner, renewing our vows between courses.  Such a special way to reflect on our year, and to get excited for what’s to come!
s1fx10H3uNtiVg3R_0z1l63a3cFNG6FMxqbwD64uvZE

I’m a sucker for traditions (obvs!)  Do you have any annual family traditions?  I’d love to hear, please share below!

xx,

Jess

32 Responses to “New Yorker Moments: One Year”

1. Melissa says:

Happy anniversary!! Do you mind if I steal your idea? :) I was actually thinking of traditions to start with my bf (and our pets)… I LOVE the idea of a silly Christmas card, so I think we will try that this year. Beautiful pictures, by the way! :)
    Melissa recently posted..Frugal Camping EntertainmentMy Profile

Yay, you totally should steal it!!! I would love to see your silly Christmas card photos, especially if they involve your fur-kiddos, aww!!:-)

2. Beautiful pictures! Great tradition that you are taking! Happy first anniversary Jess to you and your hubby! Best wishes!
    I saw that you have ads of Once on your blog. Have you seen it? It’s playing in Melbourne at the moment.
    Rita @ The Crafty Expat recently posted..Mount Buffalo National Park, a day trip to the snowMy Profile

3. Heather says:

Happy anniversary! This is such a brilliant idea and I wish I’d thought of it! Looking back at all your gorgeous photos will be so special! We sadly haven’t instituted any fun traditions. Though we did just celebrate our 5-year anniversary in the Frankfurt airport – it was the day we moved to Riga!!
    Heather recently posted..Riga, Latvia: First ImpressionsMy Profile

Oh happy anniversary to YOU, Heather! 5 years is quite the accomplishment, and what a special way to spend it by moving on to this very exciting chapter of your lives together!:-)

4. Lydia says:

Ahh what a great idea – these are so cute! You guys look great. Congratulations!
    Lydia recently posted..…checked out artwork on the Williamsburg BridgeMy Profile

5. Freya says:

Congratulations !!! Such a great idea and beautiful photos, so romantic
    Freya recently posted..EBC Trek Day 3: Monjo to Namche BazaarMy Profile

6. Love this post and your pix are just wonderful. I was trying to imagine being 80 and looking at those pictures! What a smile it will bring to your faces, even 5 years from now. I wish I’d thought of that idea – duh – but we can start now and celebrate the next 20 with pictures!! Thanks for the idea.
    nan @ lbddiaries recently posted..He Didn’t Have To BeMy Profile

Haha, it will be super fun to look at the photos years from now! Even when we look back on photos from when we first started dating we’re like, “omg, look how young we were!” I look forward to seeing your photos over the years, too!:-)

7. memographer says:

Romantic photos, Jess! Love your dress! Happy Anniversary!
    memographer recently posted..Copacabana Beach Photo ChroniclesMy Profile

8. Catherine says:

So sweet! Love the photos and the whole idea is just really lovely – think I might steal it if I ever get wed!
    Catherine recently posted..Why I Love Family HolidaysMy Profile

9. Maria Falvey says:

You look so happy – very contagious you know, lifted my mood right away. :-D
    Maria Falvey recently posted..Portrait of JennyMy Profile

Wow on 1 year and a VERY Happy Anniversary to you both, Jess! All of these photos are absolutely priceless but I really like that header pic! I speaks soooo many words in my opinion…like a bashful, tingling love between you two :)
    Mike recently posted..Halloween Bark To Delight Your Sweet ToothMy Profile

Yay, thanks Mike! We really wanted Gillman to be in the photos, but it was in the 90’s that day and too hot for the little guy to be running around the park;-)

11. Awww…this is so sweet! I recently mentioned to Jave how we need to take some professional pics together. This is motivating me to do just that! Great pics, by the way. Don’t you just love Photoshop?!
    Dana Carmel @ Time Travel Plans recently posted..Take a Quiz, Find Your CauseMy Profile

Yay, I look forward to seeing YOUR pics on the blog!:-) Haha, it felt like the only photos we had together recently were selfies, so I’m definitely glad we took the time to do this!

12. Tamara says:

This is wonderful. I was just thinking today about how every July we go to Provincetown and my daughter plays around a fountain. And the last two years I’ve taken photos there and I forgot my camera today! I want this to be a thing. It’s not too late.
    Tamara recently posted..Food, Folks & Summer Fun.My Profile

That’s a great idea, Tamara! It will be lovely to make a scrapbook of all those fountain photos!:-)

13. This is a wonderful tradition to begin and document with annual photos. Today’s families are so fortunate to have digital cameras, but a professional photographer does an expert job of capturing the moment. As you can tell by my blog name, I have a few more married years to brag about – 53 to be exact. My blog stories is my way of documenting our life in a digital scrapbook.
    Neva @ Retire for the Fun of it recently posted..Crown Jewels and Heads Rolled in the TowerMy Profile

Yay, congrats on the 53 years! Such an inspiration! And totally agree with the documenting your life via your blog…while most of my posts are city/travel related, I definitely post the occasional personal post (like this one!), which I’m sure will be great to have as the years go by!

14. Debbie says:

Happy Anniversary! Lovely pics and what a great idea to take them every year. Wish we had thought of that. Hope you and hubby had a wonderful time :)

Seems I’m on your Wordfence shit list LOL CommentLuv came up with this:
    Your access to this site has been limited
    Your access to this service has been temporarily limited. Please try again in a few minutes. (HTTP response code 503)
    Reason: Advanced pattern blocking in effect.

Thanks Debbie!

And ahhh with the CommentLuv! Will definitely be looking into that, so sorry!;-)

15. Scarlett says:

You are SO pretty!! Such a cute idea, and happy anniversary!! x
    Scarlett recently posted..Carrie Bradshaw is a dickMy Profile