New Yorker Moments

unnamed-4

{stumbling upon this colorful street in chinatown}

Running the blog, I feel lucky in that I often feel like a tourist in my own city.  This week I was on a museum tour with people from France, Germany, California…even Kansas!  A nice reminder that you can live in a place for a really long time (9 years!), and still never run out of things to see, food to try, and ways to explore even within your own backyard.

How’s your week been?  Share below!

unnamed-3

{taking this guy on a visit to our soon-to-be new apartment, i think he approves}

unnamed

{perusing favorite art pieces at the moma}

unnamed-2

{been kicking up the studying in preparation for our trip in august}

unnamed-1

{i always dig a good quote, especially when found on a nyc sidewalk}

xx,

Jess

20 Responses to “New Yorker Moments”

1. laks says:

aww.. your puppy looks so cute. hugs :*
    laks recently posted..Why Guys are LazyMy Profile

2. Love that “You can’t live a perfect day” quote! It’s great that you keep exploring your city and that it never gets old. I think blogging has really helped me change my point of view about L.A. Last year, I really went through a phase of hating my city, but each time I discover something new here, I love it a bit more! I’ve been wanting to go to Croatia for the longest, by the way, so hopefully you’ll share some bits from your trip on the blog.
    Dana Carmel @ Time Travel Plans recently posted..Dead to the World: from Niland to the Salton SeaMy Profile

I will definitely be sharing about Croatia on the blog, Dana, stay tuned! And totally agree, the more you explore and get to know a place the more personal (and thus awesome!) it becomes!:-)

3. Agness says:

This dog’s way too cute!!!!

4. Hi Jess, lovely NY moments. You’re so right that even you live here all your life you’ll never run out of new things to discover. That’s why I just love NY! So jealous, you’re going to Croatia! You’re little guy looks adorable.
    Marisol@TravelingSolemates recently posted..Bora Bora: Behind the ScenesMy Profile

Oh Marisol I can’t wait to read YOUR adventures in Bora Bora, I bet that was INCREDIBLE!

5. Tamara says:

New York City used to be my city. Not that I ever lived there, but I always lived in New Jersey and that was where we went for anything. I’m constantly amazed that even if I went to the same places in the same neighborhoods, the experience would always be new.

Exactly! Even at my favorite restaurant it’s always a revolving door of people working and going there, new menu items…the only thing constant in this city is change:-)

6. Catherine says:

Love that little quote at the end there. Reminds me of something I read the other day – don’t remember the exact words but it was along the lines of not treating others as you expect to be treated, but treating them better than expected.
    Catherine recently posted..Leap Into The Land Of The LoughsMy Profile

7. Maria Falvey says:

Oh my – what a handsome fella you have in your purse. :-D
    I know what you mean about feeling like a tourist in your own city – such a great treat and can make you fall in love with your town all over again.
    Maria Falvey recently posted..Monster in the ClosetMy Profile

One of my two favorite little boys outside of Reno!! Gillman…we’ve missed your adorably, kissable little face on here!! On a totally different note where I got goosebumps and a lump in my throat to the very first picture. Is that the World Trade Center Memorial in the background, Jess??
    Mike recently posted..City of Reno Walking Tour When It’s Past My CurfewMy Profile

Yay thanks Mike! And stay tuned, cause Gillman will actually be GUEST POSTING his very first article on here next Wednesday, haha! I think it’s one Phoenix will want to read!;-)

And yes, that is the Memorial! I will definitely have to do an entire article on it one of these days, the museum is now open too.

9. I’m ALWAYS stumbling upon new things in NYC and I’ve lived here for 10 years!
    Stefanie @ The Broke and Beautiful Life recently posted..5 Reasons EVERYONE Should Take An Acting ClassMy Profile