Top 5 Vacation Essentials

Vacation Essentials

I’m leaving this weekend for vacation, yay!  Heading down south to visit my family in Virginia and North Carolina for 2 weeks, and then the hubby and I will be headed to visit his family in Bosnia, with a stop along the way in Croatia for some beach fun!  (I’ll be posting updates on Instagram!)

Here’s my top 5 vacation essentials.

1. Although it may seem small, my Everlane weekender can fit everything I need for the next month!  (See guys, I’m really trying hard at this whole minimalist thing!;-)

2. SPF 100, because pale skin + beach sun = FAIL.

3. Salt spray is my go-to product for not doing my hair during the summer!  Gives that whole ocean-hair-don’t-care look.

4. I love a paperback as much as the next girl, but loading up beach reads on my Kindle promises I’ll never be left empty handed.

5. The only accessory I need when traveling: sunnies!

Would love to know…what are your vacation essentials?  Share below!

xo,

Jess

• A perfect list for the minimalist! haha Sunscreen, stray hat, and sunnies are a must for me during sunny weather!

• natasha says:

i must have my hair dryer that doubles as an iron when needed – with my frizzy hair just can’t go without it. My skin care but I am finding its too much weight these days so I am trying to find local products to use in each country. and yes my teddy bear called flopps lol – he came into my life at a very crucial point and has been my go to buddy regardless of me having a partner now lol

• Mike says:

You rock for going the minimalist route, Jess! I want to be able to travel with a carry on and go from there. Ya know, I’m not a Kindle user (I do own but have never used an iPad Air) but you just brought up a GREAT reason for having and using one! I went to the Skin Cancer Institute here in Reno many years (remember, red haired Casper the Ghost skin here) so I can only spend very little time solidly in the sun. The SPF becomes a moot point after 25 or so. So excited for your trip and have an awesome time! Is Gillman staying with that vacay do sitter again?? :)

Gillman is EXTRA lucky this time, because Grandma will be flying all the way to NY just to babysit him! I know they will have a BLAST!;-)

Ahh, and totally get the whole Casper thing! Even though I load up on SPF, I always look for a shaded spot to bunker down under…it seems the older I get the crazier my freckles pop out with a little sun!

• First essential is Alpha Hubby – no fun without him (plus he pays for everything, hoho). Straw hat, sunglasses, light cotton shirt and definitely sunscreen (no burning this girl, no way). Super moisturizer. Kindle is attached to my hand permanently so that’s a given. Since we live in boonies in AR, serious water is a must (i.e., ocean views and fresh shrimp or crabs or lobster or Northern scallops as big as a silver dollar, along with seashells to bring home). Oooo, now I CAN’T WAIT until we go on vacation this year – fun fun! We go off season since I do burn and we hate crowds!

Haha I love your first essential, perfect! And GREAT idea on going in the off-season, that’s something we’ve really enjoyed too, it really lets you explore without all. the. PEOPLE!

• Ooh I’ll have to look into salt spray sounds like an interesting product!

It’s the BEST! You could probably make your own mixture with a bit of salt and water, but I always have a backup spray of this in my bag all summer:-)

• Richa Saxena says:

Sunnies and Sunscreen are always part of my travelling vanitY! I love carrying a book or 2 just in case but I am not much of a reader…Have a great vacation! :)

• Maria Falvey says:

Can hardly wait to see where you go in NC – that’s where I grew up.
    It’s a beautiful state – Enjoy!

Oh amazing! I actually went to college/grad school down there, too! Elon and UNCW! Whereabouts did you grow up?!

• Agness says:

Sunglasses are a must for me every summer!

Have a great time!!
    I went to Cape Cod last week and I was surprised at how tan I got even WITH sunscreen. And it was 50 SPF! So you have the right idea.
    Really just my camera, sunscreen, phone and wallet.
    Oh, and kids and puppy.

Can’t forget the kids and puppy!;-) I’m bringing Gillman with me on the first leg of the trip, and Grandma will babysit when we go overseas, lucky guy!