With Halloween right around the corner, you may or may not have had time to take a day trip to Long Island or Jersey, pick a pumpkin, come back to your tiny (yet cozy!) apartment and make a big ol’ mess carving it. And dare I bring up trying to Trick or Treat with your kiddos around your
neighborhood apartment building? We get it…there’s some things in NYC that just aren’t quite as easy as living in the burbs. But in the spirit of, well, getting in the Halloween spirit, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite things to do this time of year! Trust us, you’ll be feeling festive in no time…with or without pumpkin guts all over your studio apartment!
2. Take a ghost tour and learn about Manhattan’s most scandalous tales. Led by the most passionate ghost gurus you’ll ever meet, these creepy tours meet at dusk and take you through the East Village’s dark, dark past.
3. Visit a haunted house. With NYC’s surplus of talented actors and actresses who haven’t quite made their Broadway debut, a haunted house in the city promises to hold some of the very best (and creepiest!) talent!
4. Drink a pint at a NYC haunted pub. There’s something enticing about knowing that the souls of NYC’s past are lurking right behind you as you sip your pumpkin ale, right?
5. Dress up your four legged friend for the cutest costume parade, ever!
6. …or dress yourself up for the NYC Halloween Parade, a legendary event that’s the largest of its kind in the nation. Oh heyyy, NYC! Grand Marshall this year is Whoppi Goldberg, woo hoo!
7. Sleep No More. Alright, I know I’m ALWAYS telling you guys about a “must do” that is simply THE BEST EVER, right? (Kinda the point of the website?!) But promise, this is definitely an event you should add to that list, and no better time than Halloween. This interactive piece of performance art/theater combines Shakespeare’s MacBeth with a wild and crazy trip through floors of the McKittrick Hotel…we’re talking bodies in bathtubs, secret lairs, haunting music…oh, and you’ll be masked the entire time. It’s unforgettable.
We’d love to know…how are you getting in the Halloween spirit this year? Share below!
By: Jessica Tiare Bowen//Photo Credit: 1
This post is part of Travel Photo Thursday at Budget Travelers Sandbox.