UsedYorkCity Inspiration #13

unnamed-5

^^My sister and I got matching reindeer sweaters over Thanksgiving!^^

1. Our gorgeous tree at Rockefeller Center is being lit up tonight, with a special performance from my girl Gaga;-) (via amNewYork)

2. AS IF you need more things on your calendar this month.  But, just for kicks, we love this round-up of 20 festive things to do in NYC during December. (via Gothamist)

3. Love this idea of gifting and reading a different children’s Christmas book every night leading up to the 25th.  And even if you don’t have kiddos of your own you can pick up a few books and donate them to the Pajama Program, a wonderful organization I’m involved with! (via My Sister’s Suitcase)

4. Anyone else never know what to do with all those holiday cards?  These ideas are pretty brilliant…I’m planning on starting the yearly binders. (via Popsugar)

5. Decorate your small apartment all merry & bright with these cute ideas. (via BHG)

What’s been inspiring you this week?

xo,

Jess

Cutest photo ever!
    My daughter and husband wanted to see the tree lighting but they’re going over the weekend just to see the tree. And FAO Schwartz!

• Love the sweaters!! You both look soooo cute! Great links, thanks Jess.

• Mike says:

You know which one I picked though all were good links, Jessica. The small living space and having a small tree. I’ve had a big tree before though not getting one this year. I was curious what the article had to say. It’s funny as many years ago I was being a such a scrooge that I girlfriend at went and bought a tree and showed up at my front door with it and a stand. I had a tree that year :)

Aww, aren’t friends the best?!:-) I have a big ol’ glass champagne bucket I fill with ornaments (yes, many of them are chihuahuas), and set it in the middle of the dining room table to bring a bit of festiveness to the apartment. For now that will have to do:-)

• Kemkem says:

Oh my God! I love this picture!!!! The sweaters are just perfect. Those are the sort of pics you look at in a few years and it brings back wonderful memories!!!!!

• Soo kitsch and cute love it!

• The Guy says:

Love the Christmas jumper picture, only yesterday my wife was saying that we need to dig some out of the wardrobe ourselves. Well that’s what she tells me :-)

I like the idea of reading kiddie Christmas books. It sounds like a great idea to get into the Christmas spirit.

Hehe, tacky jumpers are super fun!:-) And yes, totally love the idea of a different story every night under the tree!

• Oh my gosh. I love, love, love those sweaters. My sister is coming to visit for Christmas and I might be able to persuade her to get some as well.

Hehe, I found them at Wal-Mart (huge cheap chain store here in the US) for $14 and just couldn’t resist!;-) I’m sure you can find really tacky ones at thrift stores too!