The Cutest Little Pencil Shop In NYC

You guys know I’m a sucker for passion.  Whatever you do…be it banking, b-ball playing, bricklaying, boxing, blogging, baking…I will totes have mad R.E.S.P.E.C.T for you if you do it with passion.  So when I walked into CW Pencil Enterprise and started chatting with the owner, Caroline Weaver, I fell completely head over heels for her little company.  This chic, ladies and gents, has mad passion for pencils.

unnamed-11 unnamed unnamed-3Founded in November 2014, CW Pencil Enterprise is a tiny boutique on the Lower East Side showcasing, you guessed it, nothing but pencils (well, the occasional pencil props too, think erasers and notebooks.)  Starting at just .30, the question definitely crossed my mind, “How many pencils does one have to sell to afford rent on the LES?!”  But being a respectable New Yorker, didn’t pry.

Featuring everything ranging from your typical #2 test-takers, to vintage inspired fruit pencils, to scented pencils, to pencils that write in rainbow (really!)–there’s definitely something for everyone.  Heck, you can even join the Pencil of the Month Club for as little as $15 for a 3 month subscription!  My favorite aspect is that you can get personalized pencils hand stamped with whatever you want starting at just $2.  (Yes, I realize you can also order these online, but usually they have a minimum–and who needs 1,000 pencils laying around their apartment?!)  Caroline said she had one client come in asking for the lyrics to one of Lady Gaga’s songs on an assortment of pencils.  See?  Passion finds passion, people!

Oh!  And they also do the cutest little wrap job on whatever you purchase–happy yellow paper topped off with a baker’s twine black-and-white bow!  A really sweet gift for all the teachers, students, mistake makers (yay erasers!), and writers in your life!

Stop by this adorable little shop, located at 100a Forsyth Street, Tuesdays-Saturdays 11 a.m. to 7 p.m, and Sundays 12 to 7 p.m.  Happy writing!

unnamed-6 unnamed-2 unnamed-4 unnamed-5 unnamed-7 unnamed-8

Would love to know…if you could open up your dream boutique selling just one thing, what would it be?  Share below!

• I would continue the stationery theme and sell those tiny little notebooks – the ones that are too small to actually be useful but just look so cute that you end up having 20 of them lying around the house!

Haha I LIVE for those tiny little notebooks! I’m always writing things down and keep one in each bag!;-)

• Love this – the personalised pencils would be great wedding place holders

Exactly! I’m already thinking of getting some for my baby shower this fall!;-)

Wow, you weren’t kidding!! That is adorable and I would also wonder if they make a decent living doing that…
    A boutique of mine? Do cookies count? ha!
    What a great question. Probably.. you guessed it.. sundresses!

Omg you could combine the two and have cookies AND sundresses! I would totes stop by for a visit every single week!;-)

• This is seriously the cutest shop I could imagine. She couldn’t have it set up in a more eye-pleasing way! And it looks so inspiring- like I would walk in there and immediately feel the urge to scribble pages upon pages of graphite musings in an adorable notebook. Love it. Absolutely agree- nothing is more inspiring or attractive than passion. It’s gotta be fact that this city has more passion per square mile than anywhere else in the world. A top reason we love it so? Gotta be.

Oh that is certainly a top reason we love it! Passion, people! Whether it’s the off-off-off-Broadway performers doing what they adore, or entrepreneurs getting their hustle on for a project they believe in, this city is FULL of passion!

• Sheree says:

This is too cool for school!! I wouldn’t know what to do with myself except to get one of each! I have a thing for pencils and pens…

~ xo Sheree
    IG: @poshclassymom

• Sarah says:

I went there the other week — totally got the fruit, rainbow, and multiplication table pencils!

Haha those are the same ones I got for my sister there, too! So, so cute!

p.s. they make great prizes for students!;-)

• Mike says:

Hi Jessica! Yes, it’s really me…I wanted to stop by and say hi :) I like your entry you made on the test pad – good call! Hmm…my own boutique. I would go with Golden Retrievers :) Have a great day! :)

Hi Mike! I’ve missed you in the blogging world, hope all is well! The Golden Retriever shop idea is golden, indeed! Especially if it were pet friendly and we could all bring our bff’s;-)

• Kemkem says:

The first thing that popped into my head also was “how many pencils does she have to sell to cover the rent? :-)”. That’s true passion for you. If l could sell just one thing in my boutique? Very hard question, but l think it would probably be fiction books, a huge portion devoted to Jeffrey Archer, Harold Robbins, John Sanford..aaaahhh..

Oh a niche bookstore, you are a girl after my own heart!!!:-) I would definitely be popping by to pay you a visit!;-)