New Yorker Moments: Two Years

On July 7th, Mr. P and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary!  This year, I got the wild surprise text message of:

::Pack your bag, we’re going to Paris tomorrow!::

L1020248

Swoon!

With no time to prepare an itinerary, our trip was as spontaneous as the text–we spent a lot of time walking, drinking fresh orange juice (apparently that’s a thing in Paris, and since I’m off champagne for the next few months, it was the next best thing!;-), eating crusty baguettes and exotic flavored macaroons, riding carousels and ferris wheels, and picnicking in front of the Eiffel Tower!  One night we managed to snag tickets to dinner and a show at the Moulin Rouge, which was certainly a treat!

L1020307 L1020350 L1020317 L1020353

And of course, we watched our wedding video and renewed our vows.  I’m a bit of a total sap, but it’s really my very favorite day of the year.

xo,

Jess

p.s. one year, and our wedding story!

• Muza-chan says:

Congratulations!

• Mr. P is a KEEPER! I enjoyed all your Paris photos over on Insta, but didn’t realize the trip was a surprise. So sweet!!

Merci! And yes, we were totally winging it while we were there cause there was zero time for planning…still so much fun though!;-)

• Joanne Theodorou says:

I notice the photo of the “love locks” on the bridge to the Ille ….I read they were forced to remove them as the weight of the locks, which is 2 tons now, were collapsing the bridge? Know anything on this Jess?

I found that interesting too! So it seems they removed the locks from the bridge and replaced it with artwork, but on the side rails of that very bridge (the part flanking the banks of the river) they do allow people to put locks. So you bet the vendors are right there, selling locks and sharpies to visitors!

• Kemkem says:

How totally wonderful! Enjoy it now before the little one arrives!!! :-). We always try and sneak in a day trip to Paris from London :-). I want to see a side picture of the bump.. :-)

It must be so awesome to live in Europe and be able to take day trips to all these amazing destinations! Hehe I will definitely sneak a bump shot into a post one day soon!;-)

• How romantic, and congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! I lived in Paris for a while and fresh orange juice is very popular. I never got to the Moulin Rouge though, must have been fun

I’ve been obsessed with it ever since we got back to the states! The little machines they use to squeeze it are very cool:-)

• How romantic!! Love your photos, Jess. How gorgeous. Happy 2nd Anniversary :)

Wow! It’s my dream to be able to do that. Maybe one day. We weren’t married very long before I got a pregnancy surprise so I still have desires to do trips like this.
    So romantic!

Aww, I would love to see your whole family in Paris, Tamara! That would be such a cute post!:-)

• Trudy says:

What a totally romantic thing to do! Lucky couple that appreciates each other! And great pics of Paris, you were blessed with great weather.

It was such a lovely surprise, for sure! And it’s true–the weather was in the 80’s the entire time, couldn’t ask for anything more!