New Yorkers are busy people, let’s face it. According to the New York Post, they are even too busy to chew their food. Thus Agness of Run Agness Run is coming to you with 3 lazy dinner options that every New Yorker can make in less than 10 minutes. These options are quick, healthy and extremely delicious. Let’s get it started then!
Option 1: Skinny salad
This is a salad that can be prepared in just 5 minutes. It contains healthy fats and a lot of protein so you will stay fuller for longer without gaining extra weight.
- 400g smoked chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- Arrange lettuce, chicken, avocado and sun-dried tomatoes on a large platter.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk oil in a bowl until well combined, add Italian herbs and spices.
Option 2: Sweet tooth magic balls
If you have a sweet tooth and crave something sugary in the evening, these magic balls are perfect for you. Made in just 10 minutes, they will give you a kick of energy for the next day as well.
- 200 g black sesame paste
- 12 large small dates that should be soaked in boiling water for approximately an hour
- 20 g goji berries
- 20 g rasin
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maca root powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Blend all the ingredients in a mixer.
- Form balls (12 large).
- Sprinkle your balls with shredded coconut.
- Put in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Option 3: Let’s go juicy!
Pumpkin juice may be a perfect dinner option if you don’t feel very hungry, but still don’t want to go to bed on an empty stomach. Quick and super nutritious so let’s go juicy, New Yorkers!
- 1/2 fresh raw pumpkin (seeds and stem removed)
- 1 red apple (core and stem removed)
- 1 small lemon
- 1-inch piece ginger (skin removed)
- 2 tbs organic pumpkin puree
- Dash cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in fruits and vegetables.
- Discard solids.
- Strain juice through a fine-mesh sieve before serving in glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Would love to know…what’s your go-to quick and healthy dinner option? Share below!
By: Agness Walewinder