1. Check out Second Sundays, happening this month on Sunday, July 8th. It’s a free event series, featuring open studios with current artists in residence, live music, exhibitions and participatory programs exploring art, science, technology and education. This month’s program is happening in Brooklyn, and is free with an RSVP, made here.
2. Watch the World Cup live on a movie-sized screen with comfy seating at The Paley Center for Media in Midtown. Happening July 6th through July 15th. Free tickets scored here.
3. Get your dose of water in at the City of Water Day downtown at the South Street Seaport. Happening June 14th, there will be boat tours, live music, family activities, games, and food vendors at Pier 17.
4. Head to the Bronx for a Latin street fair, July 15th. The Carnaval de la Cultura Latina promises “art, music, dance, and great food from Latino cultures, as well as a day of fun for the whole family” on Southern Boulevard.
5. Jaunt over to Queens for dancing, music, and crafts in Socrates Sculpture Park during their Guelaguetza Festival on July 29th.
6. Join the Classics Bookclub, held at Bryant Park. It’s happening twice this month (July 10th and July 24th), and free books are distributed so all New Yorkers can jump in the discussion.
7. Heat wave got you peckish? Turn on a fabulous show (free with Amazon Prime), The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Set in 1950’s NYC, this hysterically darling series chronicles an Upper West Side housewife turned stand up comic. It’s a good one!