New Yorker Moments

This week my childhood bestie came into town, so we decided to deck the halls and paint the town red…so red, in fact, I bid adieu to blonde Jess and went ginger for the duration of winter…talk about spicing things up! ┬áHere’s a few of my favorite stops along the way:

What things do you do this time of year to get into the holiday spirit?

{I’m a certified redhead thanks to the fabulous Kazuki and team at Hair Lounge in Chinatown}

{28th Street in Chelsea smells like snow-frosted pine}

{Rolf’s German Restaurant sure knows how to string some twinkle lights}

{Cupcakes from Billy’s Bakery are one of my favorite treats}

{The Blue Christmas Tree at Bryant Park shines bright like a diamond…sorry, a gaggle of teenagers were singing that song on the subway today, and it’s been in my head ever since…just sharing the love, NYC}

Comments
30 Responses to “New Yorker Moments”
  1. Rebecca says:

LOVE the red hair – you look gorgeous! New York is always magical during the holidays, the lights and the merriment :)
    Rebecca recently posted..5 Tips to Make Your Email Marketing SocialMy Profile

2. Whoa, lookin’ good as a ginger, girl! I love NYC at Christmas time … we enjoyed the train show at the NY Botanical Gardens in the Bronx and Rolf’s as well.
    The Time-Crunched Traveler (Ellen) recently posted..I can’t believe what my eyes have seen (or, thoughts on turning 30)My Profile

3. How awesome that you get to experience NYC in all its glory during the holidays. Your hair looks great and I love that blue Christmas tree. I suddenly got a cupcake craving :)
    Mary {The World Is A Book} recently posted..Paris with Kids: 5 Free & Fun Attractions (A Local’s Guide)My Profile

4. Cindy Jacks says:

I LOVE your hair red, Jess! It looks like you two really did have a grand time :) Happy holidays!
    Cindy Jacks recently posted..On a sixty degree day, I found my Christmas spiritMy Profile

5. hair looks stunning! That is simply NOT ginger!

6. Andrea Naomi says:

Awesome hairdo! The “shine bright like a diamond” really does get stuck in your head :) Your post reminded that I need to get some white chocolate peppermint ice cream cake and hmmm…maybe a little holiday nog …I love the holidays :) Have a happy one!
    Andrea Naomi recently posted..How To Encourage Blog CommentsMy Profile

7. Salika Jay says:

Hair is gorgeous, Jess :) The decorations at the German restaurant is very seasonal. Love to be at places like this during the season. Happy Holidays!
    Salika Jay recently posted..Kuala Lumpur Attractions: Batu CavesMy Profile

8. Lauren says:

Gorgeous hair! Red suits you! Love all of the Christmas instagrams! My favorite activity is the tacky light Christmas tour!
    Lauren recently posted..All Day Shopping ExcursionMy Profile

9. memographer says:

Red looks HOT on you!
    Cool lights in German Restaurant!
    Blue Christmas Tree looks fun!
    Love Christmasy New York!
    memographer recently posted..On My Shelves. My Travel Bring-back Collection. Season 3My Profile

10. Mack says:

Hair looks great Jess! .. and so does that cupcake. mmmm I usually tend to indulge in way too many treats and become even lazier than usual to get in the holiday spirit, it can’t be helped. Decorating and visiting family and friends is also on the list :)
    Mack recently posted..@Steelehaus Creative CorporationMy Profile

11. Love the hair!! You make a stunning redhead. And I imagine you’d look great as a pink-head, too (I just love pink hair).

Thanks for sharing the brilliance, the vibrancy and the luscious colors of NYC…every time I visit your site I’m more determined to book a trip for the fall.
    linda esposito recently posted..Live Like a Buddhist: Following Leo Babauta and the No-Shop ExpressMy Profile

Haha, it’s funny you say “pink-head” because my biggest fear is after a few weeks of washing, my hair will fade to pink, lol!:-)

12. Cari Lorine says:

I LOVE the color, Jess! You look fantastic as a redhead. And New York looks so pretty this time of year! I’d love to be there right now.
    Cari Lorine recently posted..A Newlywed’s Life: The Long, Slow Ride To CrazyMy Profile

13. I love New York when it’s all decorated for the holidays!! Loving the new hair color too!
    Koren @ City Gal recently posted..Channelling our Inner Blair WaldorfMy Profile

14. Michelle Hsiao says:

cute! love the hair and the article =)